Fox Lake Crappie Fun

Fox Lake Crappies
     It was a beautiful day on Fox Lake here in Wisconsin.  I met up with friends for some crappie fishing.  As we started out on the frozen lake, it was over cast and cold.  It was a perfect day for experience fishing.  I say experience fishing because I don't use shanties, or flashers.  I enjoy the crisp winds and the whole, "Man vs. Nature" thing.  I want to know that the fish I catch are earned.  The crappies were moving in waves.  Absolutely no fish, to a school of fish in a flash.  To say the bite was slow would be a lie.  The bite was quick, just the windows of opportunity were small.  Downsizing to a size 10 Bro Bug from Northland Tackle with a few spikes worked well.  If you hooked into one, get that lure back into the water fast and you would catch another.  If you didn't get a second bite you had a good hour or so until the next wave of crappies came.  I had a good day and was able to help send my buddy and his girlfriend home with enough fish for a good meal.
     Tight Lines!


   

Comments

Featured In

Featured In