Orvis Tippet Spool Holder

     
     The other day I stopped off at the Orvis store.  I always enjoy going in there, since the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.  We were discussing what was going on fishing wise around Madison when I mentioned my Spiderwire backpack.  I told them that while I enjoy using the bag it has a tendency to kind of eat smaller items.  I am constantly digging through it looking for my tippet material while fly fishing.  Bret the manager mentioned that I would benefit from the use of a tippet spool holder.  After discussing different options they had in stock I settled on the stand alone model.
     This tippet spool holder holds up to 7 spools of tippet material.  Which is nice if your the type of person that chases multiple species of fish with only one or two rods.  It attaches with a carbine clip to a D ring on your vest or backpack or just clip it onto your pants belt loop.  At the other end is a second clip to attach the tool of your choice (scissors, nipper, floatant, forceps, etc).
     While out testing it today I must say I am happy with it's performance.  I got my leader snagged in the trees a few times (I am still learning).  Having this little gadget made finding the tippet spools and mending my leader a snap.  I also liked not having to dig through my bag or pockets to find my forceps.  All in all I would recommend it to anyone looking for a convenient way to carry multiple spools of tippet material, rather stand alone or as an attachment to an existing tackle bag.

     Tight Lines.

Comments

Featured In

Featured In