2015 Scout Fishing Derby

     This year marked my 5th year of hosting the scout fishing derby here in Madison, WI.  It has grown every year since it's inception and I have had an absolute blast with all the participants.  I always plan this event over the free fishing weekend to make it easy for families to try angling without the investment in a state fishing license.  The event was attended by boy scouts, cub scouts, and girl scouts,  and just about everybody landed a fish.  This years outing had a new scout winning a division (he was thrilled) as well as a rod and reel combo for smallest fish.  Instead of giving you a play by play of the event as I have in years past I am just gonna share some of the photos.
A nice bluegill pulled from the pond.
Team work, you catch it, I'll hold it.
First time angler wins the cub scout category.
Bluegills were the prize fighters of the event.
My daughter and personal cheerleader, always representing the brand.
Congratulations to all the winners!!!
     A big thank you to all the scouts that attended this years event.  I am extremely lucky to have the opportunity to regularly introduce children to fishing.  If you get the chance, invite a neighborhood kid and their parents out fishing sometime.  Your interest in the outdoors could be the spark that lights the fire.
     Tight Lines.

Comments

Featured In

Featured In