Badger Tenkara

     If you follow this blog with any regularity you've no doubt noticed that I'm a firm believer in keeping things simple.  The whole downsize your gear and simplify your fishing thing started when I read a book about Tenkara fishing.  I was blown away by the one rod/one fly concept and set about learning as much as I could about this ancient form of fly fishing.  The only thing I didn't like about it was that it seemed to have the same rigid rules and preconceived notions that many already associate with fly fishing.  Enter at this point the guys over at Badger Tenkara.

     They understand the history and rules of Tenkara well and quickly threw them out the window in an effort to make this form of fishing ridiculously fun.  I've been asked to help them with some R&D in kind of a rod ambassador role.  At Shorebound Hero I like to bend the rules a bit and I couldn't be happier to help them spread the word about Tenkara and hopefully destroy some of the stereotypes as I wade, kayak, and put the rods through a workout.
     For more information on Badger Tenkara  check them out here.  You can also click the banner on the left to make the jump.  Stay tuned to the YouTube channel and blog for updates and stories as I venture more and more into this style of fixed line fishing.  Until next time...

      Tight Lines.

Comments

Featured In

Featured In