Fly Box Update October 2015

There's a lot of flies on my kitchen table.
     The seasons are changing here in Wisconsin, and with them the fly box was in need of a few updates.  I've been spending a lot of time in Port Washington, WI chasing various salmon and trout species from shore and I recently realized that I didn't have any Great Lakes specific fly patterns in my general species box.  As always a quick stop off at Orvis of Madison changed all that.  It's funny how they always seem to have a good reason for me to part with my money...coincidence?

The general species fly box now includes:

  • 6 Steelhead Hammers in Blue and Chartreuse
  • 3 Egg Sucking Leeches in Purple Size 4
  • 3 Egg Sucking Leeches in Black Size 6
  • 3 Z Eggs in Chartreuse
  • 3 Senyo's Egg Raiders in Black
     Hopefully these flies (and a little luck) will allow a few steelhead and big browns to grace the pages of this blog.  I'll be using my Mirage reel and Encounter rod for the majority of the casting.  Although I think my new Wisco rod will be able to handle some of the fish I've spotted up the creek.  Stay tuned to these pages for future updates.  I promise to include both the good and the bad.
All I see is an empty spot that's just begging to be filled up.
       Tight Lines.

Comments

Featured In

Featured In