Exit Strategy

     As shorebound anglers we constantly deal with situations that would be foreign to most boat anglers.  Many times we have to land fish in areas that are hard to access.  I know from my own experience that I can often make a cast from areas that don't allow me any access to the water on foot.  This means that I need to find a place to land the fish safely.  I call this part of the shore fishing process the exit strategy.  All you need to do is take a few seconds to look around and find a safe place to land the fish before you make a cast.  This way when you hook into that trophy you already know where you're going to bring it to the net.  This will make it easier for you and the fish.  Make this practice a part of your angling thought process and I guarantee you'll successfully land more fish from the shoreline.
     Tight Lines.

Comments

Featured In

Featured In