New Article In Midwest Outdoors Magazine

     This month I have reached a milestone in my angling/writing career.  I wanted to share my excitement with all of you first.  As many of my readers are aware I have no interest in fishing as a full time job.  For me the guide service is a teaching opportunity.  I do however want to write articles and books that will help other anglers catch more fish.  My long term goal is to become a speaker and writer in the outdoor industry.  I've made a lot of progress towards this goal in the last few years.  I've been blessed to be featured in multiple online media publications, but I still hadn't been published.
     The getting published goal goes way beyond fishing, in fact it reaches all the way back to my high school days.  A number of years ago (like 20) I chased the dream of becoming a published nature photographer.  I won some photography contests, took photos for both people and events, even worked in a film development lab for a few years.  Unfortunately, I gave up on that dream because I let the process get me down and one day I just stopped taking pictures.
     Fast forward to 2016 and I can finally say I've done it.  For the first time I've gotten something published in a print magazine.  A print magazine that somebody actually has to pay money to get, Midwest Outdoors Magazine.  I wrote an accepted article for the June issue on crappie fishing.  The best part?  They bought the pictures I provided too.  The high school kid in me can't stop smiling.
     Tight Lines.

Comments

Post a Comment

Featured In

Featured In