How To Rig A Swimbait

     This past weekend I was in Manitowoc, WI for the final stop of the Great Lakes Kayak Fishing Series.  As most people know I hate trolling for fish.  I get especially board trolling for salmon on the Great Lakes.  I decided to switch up tactics and cast and jig swimbaits for most of the day.  I was able to hook into a couple salmon as the event progressed and it occurred to me that I haven't mentioned much about how to rig or fish swimbaits on the blog.
     So here's a quick video (not really quick) I made up to explain some of the basic rigging I use to effectively work swimbaits all year.  They're probably the most versatile baits you can have in your arsenal.  I prefer to use swimbaits by Bog Baits and Berkley.  I like the Bog Baits brand when dealing with warm water species and the Berkley Gulp when chasing coldwater species.
     Next time you're out on the water try throwing a swimbait.  Walleyes chase them in the river, bass destroy them on drop offs, pike and musky follow them through the shallows, and salmon crush them in open water.
     Tight Lines.

Comments

Featured In

Featured In