Thanks For A Great Season

She never fails to impress.  The most versatile kayak on the market today.
     Sunday's guided fishing trip marked the end of my open water guide season.  I would like to thank everybody that made 2016 a success.  We had a lot of fun chasing everything that swims in the lakes and ponds around Madison, WI.  I'm still a long ways away from being able to do it full time, but this year proved to me that it's worth pursuing for 2017.  For that I want to say THANK YOU.
     I've got big things planned for the 2017 season.  To start it off I'll be speaking at numerous events throughout this expo season.  Also I'm working out the details to expand my kayak guide service by adding a tandem kayak to the fleet.  This will allow me to handle the paddling and positioning duties so that anglers not familiar with kayak fishing can get more out of their time on the water with me.  This kayak purchase means I get to rig up another boat!  That's my favorite part of playing with kayaks, so keep an eye on these pages throughout the winter to see what I've got in mind for this new kayak.
     What else?  Oh right my book!  It's coming along and will be available in paperback or as an ebook in the next few weeks.  I've been busting my butt trying to wrap everything up and soon I'll be submitting it to Amazon for approval.  I want to thank everyone who's supported me in this little endeavor since I've never attempted anything like this in the past.  Turns out it takes a lot of work to put a book together and I'm excited to finally get this project completed.
     Finally, the Bluegills to Bull Sharks podcast is getting a format overhaul.  I've recently been contacted by some companies interested in sponsoring episodes of the weekly show, but I need to make some small changes.  Look for a brand new layout and more interviews in the coming months.  I've really enjoyed making the first 30 episodes and a second microphone and USB mixer were recently ordered so be sure to stay tuned (or subscribed on Itunes).
     That about wraps up this post on wrapping up my season.  I'd like to thank all of my sponsors for their continued support going into 2017.  Also I'd like to take a second to thank my kids and family for putting up with me and fishing.  I know this has been a hard year for me and the kiddos, but were keeping it together and pressing on.  Last up thanks to all of you that read the blog, booked a fishing trip, or listened to the podcast.  None of this would be possible without your engagement, so thanks.  On a side note... I know my guiding season is over, but that doesn't mean I've stopped fishing.  If you want to get out this fall or even head out on the ice drop me a line.  I'd love to fish with you.
     Tight Lines.

Comments

  1. Glad you had a great season. I love the idea of a tandem boat. Take care, see you in January.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Featured In

Featured In