EP:34 Great Lakes Brown Trout From Shore

EP:34 Great Lakes Brown Trout From Shore















     In this episode of the Bluegills to Bull Sharks Podcast I talked about chasing Great Lakes Brown Trout from the shoreline.  I recently got a chance to fish the Milwaukee harbor in pursuit of these amazing creatures.  Since sharing those pictures online I've gotten a ton of questions about how I caught them.  Especially from those that know how hard I struggle to catch salmon from my kayak.  I went over rod setup, techniques and tactics, and gave a quick list of places I personally head to when looking for brown trout from shore.  I also spent a few minutes talking about local guide Eric Haataja and the techniques he uses to catch monster brown trout.  I mentioned a great regional authority and tackle shop Lake Michigan Angler.  Be sure to check them out online if you find yourself curious about Lake Michigan fish species.  Finally, here's the link to making your own long handled net as promised is this podcast episode.  Hopefully these tips and locations will help get you some selfies with a beautiful fish.
A nice Lake Michigan brown trout caught from the shore line.
     Thank you for listening to Episode 34 of the Bluegills to Bull Sharks Podcast.  You can subscribe to the podcast on ITunes and Podcast Garden.  If you do choose to subscribe please take 30 seconds to leave a review.  The reviews are essential for getting the podcast recommended in the search results of our fellow anglers.  Before you leave please take a second to sign up for my free monthly newsletter.  It comes out on the 15th of each month and only on the 15th.  It's full of tips, tricks, some discounts, and of course subscriber only content.  So make sure you get yourself signed up today!
     Tight Lines.

Comments

Featured In

Featured In