Out And About

     So I've gotten some emails asking where I'll be in the coming months now that expo season is underway.  Here's a short list of some the events I have on my calendar.  More will inevitably be added as the season gets underway, but this is a list of currently confirmed bookings.  Be sure to say "Hello" if our paths cross at any of these great events.

Orvis of Madison Black Fly Day- 11/25/2016
I'll be the instructor for this event teaching the Fly Tying 101 class and tying the fly patterns for the bass class.  Will cover 2 popular bass on the fly patterns and discuss some tactics used when pursuing these species with a fly rod.  Space is limited so if you want a spot you'll need to contact the store at (608) 831-3181.

Fox Valley Trout Unlimited Cabin Fever Day- 1/14/2017
For this event I'll be giving a seminar on Selecting and Rigging A Fishing Kayak.  I'll also have a selection of fishing kayaks on display in my booth and will be tying carp fly patterns for a raffle donation.  This will be my first time to attend this event and I'm pretty fired up to be speaking to a new group of anglers.  For more information on this event follow the link here.

SWTU Ice breaker Event- 1/14/2017
This is a great event from my local chapter of Trout Unlimited.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this event.  I will however be offering a half day guided carp on the fly trip and a new rod and reel combo on behalf of ShoreboundHero.com for the raffle.  This is an event that always draws a crowd so be sure to check it out here.

Chicagoland Fishing Expo 1/26-1/29/2017
I'll be attending at least one day of this event in support of Native Watercraft kayaks.  This is a huge expo with lots to see.  It's almost overwhelming so be sure to arrive early and plan to spend the entire day taking in some wonderful vendors, seminars, and fishing stories.  For more information follow the link here.

Badger Fly Fishers Spring Opener- 2/11/2017
At this event I'll have a booth setup and will have a donation in the raffle.  This a great show with some amazing fly tiers so make sure you're in attendance.  To learn more about the Badger Fly Fishers Spring Opener follow the link here.

FishX Milwuakee- 2/10-2/12/2017
This is FishX's first year and I'm pumped to be a speaker for this inaugural event.  I'll be in attendance on Sunday the 12th giving a kayak fishing seminar and supporting my sponsor Vibrations Tackle in their booth.  This event is gonna be big and the list of exhibitors and speakers grows more impressive everyday.  To learn more about FishX follow the link here.

Wisconsin Fishing Expo- 2/24-2/26/2017
This is one of my favorite events I attend each year.  I'll be in the Rutabaga Paddlesports in support of not only them (sponsor), but also showing off the line of Native Watercraft Kayaks.  This event is great because I get to talk to so many local anglers and answer kayak fishing questions all day long.  If you can only attend one fishing expo this year this is the one to attend.  For more information follow the link here.

Canoecopia- 3/10-3/12/2017
The world's biggest paddlesports show is also my busiest weekend all year.  I'm speaking, representing multiple sponsors, doing blog interviews, and interacting with the greatest customer base on the planet.  This is a must attend event if you spend anytime in a paddle driven vessel.  My presentation for this year is on kayak rigging for both the beginning or experienced angler.  To learn more about Canoecopia check out the link here.

Madison Musky School- 3/18/2017
I'm teaching the Shore Fishing and Kayak Muskies class for my 3rd year as a faculty member for this awesome school.  My kayak will be rigged up on site and I'll be tying musky flies over the break.  It's an amazing event that has something for every level of musky angler.  Tons of classes, instructors, info, and the lunch is catered!  The details are slowly coming out on this event so to keep up to date follow the Capital City Musky Club website here.

   That wraps up the out and about for the next few months.  I feel blessed to be able to attend, teach, serve, and share, at so many different venues.  To learn more about these events and many others as they get added to my schedule be sure to follow these pages and listen to the podcast.  Until next time...
     Tight Lines.

Comments

Featured In

Featured In